You take care of your family, your community, even your country. And yet, things aren't the way you think they should be.
You probably don't realize this, but if you're taking care of all those responsibilities, you already have the ability to solve your problems, except for what's getting in the way: old habits and patterns that keep you from living your best life and meeting your goals.
That's right. I said that. You have the ability.
Your time is valuable. As your therapist, my goal is teach you to be your own therapist. All it takes is time and commitment, something that's already second nature to you.
And, to get the most out of our time together, I'll only use evidence-based methods to help you learn to live your best life, especially those listed as 'strongly recommended' by the American Psychological Association.
I'm an independently licensed professional psychotherapist specializing in, but not limited to, military service members, first responders, and care providers. I work with individuals and couples. I have 12 years as a behavioral health therapist providing services to a wide variety of individuals.
I am also a board approved counseling supervisor.
- Master of Arts in Educational Psychology, University of South Dakota
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling, New Mexico Highlands University
- Master of Arts in Social Work, New Mexico Highlands University
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Gottman Institute, Level I Training in Marital Therapy
- APD Behavioral Sciences Division
- Presbyterian Kaseman Behavioral Health
- Acadia Healthcare
- Counseling and Psychotherapy Institute
- Biomedical Research Institute at the NMVA Medical Center
ETHICS CHAIR, New Mexico Counseling Association
American and New Mexico Counseling Associations
Association of Social Workers, National and New Mexico Chapters
Southwest Behavioral Health Independent Practice Association
Schedule an appointment
Find me on OhMD
Misty Pilgrim MEd LMSW LPCC Licensed Mental Health THerapist